Frequenlty Asked Questions
You can buy them again through the skin pack store, and you won’t get charged – as long as you buy them with the same iTunes account as the original purchase.
You can review which skinpacks you previously purchased on your iTunes e-mail bills.
There could be many differenent reasons why an app crashes, unfortunately. That’s why we’re really happy that you are reading this. Because in order to fix an issue we need to know about it first. Please contact us with a detailed description of the bug and some information about your device. Answer at least the following questions so we can get started.
Please copy the following questions and paste them with your answers in the contact form above:
- What do you do right before the app crashes? (example: ‘when I pick up a pygmy at sunset’)
- Can you reproduce the crash? (if so, please tell us exactly what to do to make this happen)
- Which version of iOS (“Version”) are you using and which iOS device (“Model”) do you have? (See Settings > General > About > Version and … > About > Model).
Do both devices have iOS 5.0 or higher?
Please enable iCloud in Settings > iCloud. Pocket God will create a small document with save data on your iCloud and use this to sync progress across all devices with the same iCloud account.
Do you have an older version of iOS?
If you do not have iOS 5.0 or later, you can backup your ‘old’ device in iTunes. Then connect your new device and restore the backup onto this new device. (Note that if you have been using your new device prior to restoring it from this backup, you may lose some information like text messages, pictures taken, etc.). We recommend enabling iCloud on all iCloud capable devices.
An episode is actually an update to the game. For example, if you buy the game at episode 42, you will get all previous episodes as well. The episode title displayed at the start up is the name of the latest episode. Curious what the old episodes are? Play Challenge of the Gods. You can find it in the menu with the three stars; tap the item named Idols Challenge. Or you can view it right here on the site in the Games section.
In Pocket God, Open Feint passes all the achievements and leader boards on to GameCenter. It needs to be enabled for GameCenter to work. You can tap the Open Feint menu item in the game, and create a free account right in the game. Re-install PG before you enable Open Feint so all the previous achievements are reset.
- Check whether the volume on your device is turned on.
- Open Pocket God and in the menu with the 2 gears tap the top icon. (mute)
- If this doesn’t help completely close the game through the multitask bar.
(Go to the home screen and double tap the home button. Then tap and hold the PG icon until it starts to wiggle and tap the red “-”)
- Now reopen the game.
This should solve problems for most people. If this happens frequently or you still have issues, please contact us so we can make it work.
There are several reasons, and these two are the main ones:
1. PG Android is licensed, developed and maintained by a company other then Bolt Creative. iOS is the platform Allan and Dave originally created PG on, and all updates are created on this platform. That’s why other platforms, like Android, will always be a little behind the iOS version. To keep PG Andriod up to date, multiple Pocket God updates will be grouped in one big update for Android.
2. It has proven to be hard(er) to do game development on Android and Pocket God is a pretty big game. Doing updates requires a lot of work and there are many different devices and screen sizes. So testing, QA and ensuring the game works on supported devices takes longer.
We are currently in the process of getting a new licensing partner for Pocket God for Android. Unfortunately, Bolt Creative doesn’t have the capacity to offer full support for PG Android. We are working hard on getting this situation remedied as soon as possible. Our goal is to add support for many new(er) Android devices and keep bringing new FREE content and updates to the Android platform.
In the mean time we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Motorola Droid 1
- Motorola Droid 2
- Motorola Droid X
- HTC Evo
- HTC G2
- HTC Nexus One
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Samsung Epic 4G
- T-Mobile myTouch 4G
Problem still not solved?
If after all of the above you're still having issues, please contact us via our Support Form and we will do our best to assist you.Support Form »
Pocket Full of Tweets
- Congratulations to Sarina, winner of the Pygmy Peril's "Dangerous Dialog" contest! http://t.co/45nnrQ3qBC